Sanitizing & Disinfecting (COVID-19)
In 2020, COVID-19 has taken the spotlight on the international stage as it’s reach expands to over 184 countries. It is important to understand what this virus is and what we can do as a society to keep our communities safe on a day-to-day basis from this invisible enemy.
How Does The Virus Spread:
- Community spread (airborne up to 3 hours)
- Contact with contaminated objects (Few hours up to several days)
COVID-19 COmposition & How To Destroy:
The COVID-19 virus is a protein molecule that is covered in fat. To wipe out the virus, the fatty cover needs to be removed. Once the fat is removed, the virus will dissipate. The virus can dissipate in three ways.
- 80°+ hot water melts the fat
- Soap cuts through the fat
- Chemicals dissolve the fat
Where Are The High-Risk Areas:
In a world that is constantly moving and even more connected than years past, it is important to understand what high traffic areas this virus hides at. Here is some high-risk areas where COVID-19 could be.
- Doors, handles and hand railings
- Restrooms, toilets and sinks
- Tables, counter tops and chairs
- Floors and sidewalks
- Public bathroooms
- Restaurant facades
What Is the Ideal Disinfect & prevent chemical:
There is several options in regards to the chemical you can use to not only disinfect, but prevent future viruses clinging to surfaces. Below is chemical recommendations.
CDC Recommends Following:
- For disinfection of Coronavirus, CDC recommends diluted household bleach.
- Use 1/3 cup of bleach per gallon of water.
- Bleach has broad anti-microbial activity, which removes dried or fix organisms from surfaces.
- Bleach also doesn’t leave toxic residue, inexpensive, fast acting and low incidence of serious toxicity.
EPA Registered Chemicals Include:
- Clorox, CloroxPro Germicidal Bleach
- S.C. Johnson Valalla 2 Quaternary Ammonium
- Ecolab Hydrogen Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner
What Is the Ideal Disinfect EQUIPMENT For MUNICIPALITIES & Cleaning Professionals:
A1 engine driven mist sprayers are truly the perfect piece of equipment when it comes to disinfecting outdoor areas that feature high-traffic surfaces such as playgrounds, shopping malls, restaurant facades, parks, sidewalks and other similar surfaces. Here is why an engine driven A1 mist sprayer is great for professional cleaning services and municipalities.
- Covering More Surface In Less Time – Unlike basic spot and broadcast sprayers, an A1 Mist Sprayer allows flexibility in controlling the distance and direction of your chemical application while still fully covering a surface.
- Save On Chemical & Use Less Water – An A1 Mist Sprayer uses 60% less chemical and 90% less water than standard sprayers. Saving resources, time and money
- Increased Safety – Operators of a mist sprayer can easily work from the seat of an all-terrain vehicle such as a UTV (Side-by-Side) or a truck. Operators can also adjust the spray pattern target with the electric remote controls.
CONTACT Us About Our Disinfecting Units Today!